- Professional Posing Coach and Qualified Video Critique, OPA Ambassador
and Judge, Promoter of the Toronto Championships
- I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica, Johnstown. My father,
3 sisters, 2 brothers and I came to Canada in August, 1975. My passion
for bodybuilding started at a very young age back home in Jamaica and
continued in Canada. I remember my first day of school in Canada. When
I was on my way to school, I past a supplement store and saw a poster
of a man doing a front double biceps in the window. I could not get that
picture out of my mind so every day after school I returned to that store.
This is when my interest in bodybuilding became my passion.
- I started weight training in elementary school and continued throughout
high school. At the same time I played football competitively. For many
years, up until my draft year, I focused on playing football at the highest
level for the following teams: Oshawa Hawkeyes, Brampton Bears, and the
Northwestern Ghosts. I was also invited to many professional pre-season
- At the same time, I joined my very first gym: U of T, Scarborough College.
To improve my game, I complimented my football training with weight training.
This was not a common practice among competitive athletes back then as
it is today.
- After my football career, I continued weight training at Gold's Gym
in Scarborough Bremondsey and Eglinton. I trained alongside Laura Binetti,
Laura Creavalle, Scott Abel, Henderson Thorne, Bob Weatherill, Freddy
Antwi, Wesley Muhammad and my training partner Peter Oliver, among others.
This is when I realized I wanted to compete in bodybuilding. And the rest
is history. After winning first place and overall in my first three shows,
I was ranked one of the top bodybuilders in Ontario.
- Moving on to the Nationals, I was ranked top three bodybuilders for
6 six years in the heavy and super heavy weight divisions. In 2002, I
became an IFBB Pro. From 2004 until 2011, I competed extensively on the
Pro stage across Canada and the USA. One thing I discovered is how difficult
it is to win a pro show when you are beyond your twenties. However, I
gained a lot of valuable experience and knowledge about nutrition, training,
contest preparation, depletion, mental training, dialing, tweaking the
body to its finest, posing, routines, stage presence and how to perform
your best on the stage. All this knowledge, plus years of experience as
a high level competitor, gave me the tools to provide the most comprehensive
services to all OPA members.
- I became associated with the bodybuilding world through my friends who
were competing in the Ontario Amateur Federation of Bodybuilders (for
men only). When I competed it was known as the Bodybuilding Association
of Ontario. In 1998, it became the Ontario Physique Association. Even
after gaining my pro card, I attended most OPA events, and eventually
was asked to join the OPA team as a regional judge, a provincial judge
and a qualified critique. In 2015, I became an official OPA Ambassador,
going across Ontario meeting new and seasoned competitors as well as none
competitors, hosting OPA official workshops and posing seminars. During
that same year, Posing with the Pro was born to fill the need of the OPA,
CBBF and IFBB athletes. As most can attest, my passion and commitment
to the OPA is relentless. Some of my other involvements in the industry
include promoting the Toronto Championships and contributor to the Muscle
- If you have any questions regarding competing, the OPA, overall contest
prep or posing. Don't hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com
or my cell phone at 905-926-9241.
- Competition Prep Coach - Figure & Physique Competitor
- For as long as I can remember I have been an active person. I played
multiple sports at high level. I have always been interested in athletics.
I have always viewed weight training as a way to be a better player. In
fact, I started weight training in University where I studied Physical
Education while I competed internationally in triathlon.
- About five years ago, I started competing in the OPA, after my first
show I was hooked and I understood the importance of training hard and
consistency. I have competed at the Provincial Level, National Level,
I have also stepped on the International Scene. I like to push my limits,
and be relentless in my pursuit of improvement. I am lucky to have had
great people in my corner, like my coach IFBB Pro Fedel Clarke, my suit
maker Lisa Desmarais of SXFX and awesome training partner Vanessa Rojas.
- I always say, I like to surround my self with my A team. That is what
I do for my client as well. Whether you are a new or seasoned competitor
or just want to look your best, I can help you do so safely and efficiently.
- Don't hesitate to contact me at 416-801-5215 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the mean time ... be limitless in your pursuit of your dreams!